The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday August 17, 2017 at 08:56
Legravin
Lurking Member
March 2003
I was debating between a Harmony 950 and Elite. Even though my current requirements are only for line-of-sight IR, I decided to spring for the extra bucks and get the Elite for possible future needs. This is my first Harmony remote; so, I am a total newb as far as programming a Harmony.

I have to give Logitech/Harmony a lot of credit on their database of devices. Some of my old/uncommon devices are a Sharp MiniDisc deck, Sony CD recorder, Sony DAT deck, Pioneer LaserDisc, ancient Magnavox VCR, Mitsubishi DLP TV, Arris Cable Box/DVR, and 3 Sony CD Megachangers. All of these devices were in the database.

For the 3 Sony CDP-CX400 CD Megachangers, on the supplied Sony remote, there is a 3-position switch which allows the remote to control any of the 3 megachangers. I was being a total optimist and hoped that when I added the megachanger as a device it would have the same capability. But, it appears it does not. When I added it, I got a message that said there were multiple IR code sets for the megachanger and that the most common code set would be added to my remote.

I assume I will have to add the same megachanger 2 more times. Could I be lucky enough that the different IR code sets are for the remote when controlling megachangers 2 and 3? If not, I guess I will have to teach the megachanger 2 and megachanger 3 commands to the remote.

I was wondering if anyone else has this type of setup and how you handled it.

Hosting Services by ipHouse