Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Wednesday August 9, 2017 at 13:47
lippavisual
December 2007
On August 9, 2017 at 12:34, Richie Rich said...
The Marantz units suffer from one flaw with IP control.

If your control system processor is restarted, it will occasionally lose the AVR on the network. I have experienced this with both Crestron and RTI. Powering the AVR on with the OE remote, front panel button or even the app re-establishes that connection and it will hold until the processor gets restarted again.

Nobody at Crestron, RTI, Marantz or several of the Crestron programmers I work with seem to have an answer as to why this happens but it does.

I do not see this behavior with Sony.

Next project or if you have a Marantz at home, try blocking internet access to the AVR.

I did a lot of testing on this at my own home that was experiencing Marantz IP dropouts. I have 2 AVR's.

I noticed that once the AVR's called to Marantz servers looking for firmware updates and 1 was available, it would download/notify you of the update. Even with auto-update turned off.

I don't use any streaming services through the AVR so I blocked Internet access to the Mac address and haven't had one fall off yet, even after processor reboots/power downs.

Hosting Services by ipHouse