The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Wednesday August 9, 2017 at 12:17
3PedalMINI
Loyal Member
July 2009
On August 9, 2017 at 09:31, bambam_101 said...
Sony AV receivers??? Really?? Would never have even looked at a Sony. Having said that, I use Sony screens and yeah their IP control is pretty robust.

Marantz has always been my go to. Love em. But I think the NR1508 might just be too deep for my cabinet. I have 400mm depth to play with. Marantz is 376mm. It would be tight!!!

I'm not asking for much am I?? Shallow depth, cheap price, Ip control....lol.

There is a difference, it must be a Sony ES. I have exclusively moved over to sony ES. The installer features, no frills AVRs are just plain awesome. and the sound they produce is equal to if not better then Marantz. Honestly the features, reliability and CI focused mindset of the design make them a solid winner. Makes all the other brands look like consumer garbage....and yes, this is coming from a Marantz Snob.

unfortunately i do think you are asking for to much. to my knowledge the 1508 is the smallest slimest avr that fits in the space. use slim HDMI cables or right angles to help the space constant. also remember you can save a few MM of depth by taking off the antennas. the power cable is going to be your biggest issue though.
The Bitterness of Poor Quality is Remembered Long after the Sweetness of Price is Forgotten! - Benjamin Franklin

Hosting Services by ipHouse