Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 69 made on Monday August 7, 2017 at 17:21
gerard143
Advanced Member
May 2012
On August 7, 2017 at 16:19, imt said...
If you go into Ovrc and go to the wattbox and click on the gear icon and then choose info, what is the info showing under Network Info: Don't post the WAN IP but you can post:

LAN IP: 192.168.100.7
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Device Gateway 192.168.100.1
DNS Server 1 192.168.100.1

Secondary dns 8.8.4.4

The wan ip it lists is correct.

My usg gateway obviously has 192.168.1.1 listed as its gateway with its assigned static wan ip being192.168.1.2 LAN side is 192.168.100.1

Im more concerned with why the heck the ubiquiti smtp won’t work (yet wattbox does wtf?) then I am with why the wattbox gui won’t load. It’s kind of set it once and forget it anyways. I don’t really need to log into that portal remotely. The ovrc app gives me enough control. Auto reboot works fine as it does ping servers fine, I can manually reboot outlets. Smtp notifications work. So whatever. Besides I think if I setup dynamic dns on it it will work remotely from what I read in their documentation. I can set it for a static port and I’m guessing it’s gonna work. It’s probably a UPNP issue or double nat problems from crossing two routers f’ing up the remote connect. Googling issues of double nat I see this kind of stuff mentioned as downsides.

Again what I really would like to figure out is how to get smtp notifications working on the ubiquiti stuff again. All my config for my mail server is spot on. It authenticates fine. Just fails sending mail. Yet the wattbox does it no problem. Figure that one out.

Last edited by gerard143 on August 7, 2017 17:28.

Hosting Services by ipHouse