Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Monday August 7, 2017 at 15:52
imt
Long Time Member
June 2007
Thanks. Ernie.

I was going to reply earlier that I read that 70V systems are really 70.7 rms since they are based on peak voltage of 100v.

I was corresponding with TPD and 70V systems are fine with te AmpPro. The 100V RMS is somewhat padded and is really a little higher. The 100V is also per channel. They are working on an updated datasheet.

The reason for the initial post is that the TPD screw down terminals are limited to 12ga wire and I needed to use doubled up 12ga. I would then have to use 1 entire AmpPro-1000 for just the Sub on and the 4 wires. I then would need to get another AmpPro for just the 70V Sat's and figured I could then use the lower cost model AmpPro-250 if I was only running 4 speakers (highest Watts at 30W setting anyway is 120 watts).

For a shorter run to the Sub, I would then have been able to use 1ea AmpPro-1000 for both the 70V ch and 8ohm ch.

vs on a shorter run of just 1ea 12/2 using the AmpPro-1200 for both the 8ohm sub and the 70V sat's.

I would need 1 AmpPro for just the 70V and if the wattage was under 250W I thn could use the lower cost AmpPro-250.

Hosting Services by ipHouse