Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 62 made on Sunday August 6, 2017 at 11:38
GotGame
February 2002
The silly thing is, the VNet system is likely failing due to less than a hundred dollars worth of heat-fatigued electrolytic capacitors. I'd bet a competent tech could recap the PSU and main board of the primary controller and the system would function for another 6--10 years.

"The manufacturers in our industry are KILlING us integrators and KILLING the future of the integration business by manufacturing mission-critical componentry with KNOWN and PREDICTABLE failure points (i.e electrolytics) and then disappearing (or just discontinuing product lines) with no replacement parts or service for those who purchase their products.

I have a couple of clients who have already vowed, "never again," based solely on the cost of replacing 10 year old systems that worked perfectly for years but are now failing and cannot be cost-effectively repaired because manufacturers have abandoned my company and my clients.

It's embarrassing. It's borderline criminal behavior, IMHO."

Many of those same clients dump their Range Rovers, BMWs and Lexus cars after a few years and lose thousands of dollars. If they have a 10 year old car that they used everyday, I would be surprised.
I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other.

Hosting Services by ipHouse