The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Friday August 4, 2017 at 07:54
JMarcosPG
Long Time Member
July 2017
Thank you again for your reply! You bet! Since I had tried many things I decided to reinstall it from ground zero! Nevo Studio Pro is now finally downloading to the remote! An interesting detail to point out is that after I installed the last Win 10 security update, Mobile Device Center was not working anymore... after doing a lot of research I found the solution below (I will post it here in case anyone need it and later we can move to another specific topic). The only problem is that after reebooting the system you have to do it all again to make mobile device center functional again.

Last question, did you upgrade your Studio Pro 3.0 (using the upgrade herein provided)?

SOLVING WIN 10 x WIN MOBILE DEVICE CENTER

UPDATE: Some good suggestions which seem to work are now at this web page.

[Link: social.technet.microsoft.com]
PREVIOUS: I am able to get Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC) to install, but not fully run. Installing required manually enabling the .NET Framework 3.5 similar to as described at the following web page.

[Link: answers.microsoft.com]
After install, you must right click on Start, and then click on Computer Management > Services & Applications > Services. Scroll down to right-click on "Windows Mobile-2003-based device connectivity" to select Properties > Log On. Switch to "Local System account" with checking "Allow service to interact with desktop" then click OK.

On the handheld, tap on Start > Settings > Connections > USB to PC icon, uncheck the “Enable Advanced Network Functionality” checkbox, tap OK, and then connect the cable.

WMDC never shows connected, but ActiveSync on the handheld does, and you can at least open File Explorer on your PC to “browse the contents of the remote device” for transferring files. I am not sure how much this limits RAPI functions.

These Services settings changes must also be re-applied every time you Restart your PC. So this is obviously not a final solution.
Johnny Garcia

Hosting Services by ipHouse