Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Sunday July 30, 2017 at 09:08
buzz
May 2003
And it is easy to spec the wrong capacitor for the application. There is more to this than raw capacitance and voltage. This error can be made by the design engineer or a purchase agent who became a hero by shaving a cent or two off the capacitor cost.

I came across this board level repair service.

---

Before and after Russound bought Colorado vNet, I looked at the line, but came away feeling a little queasy. To me, it seemed overly complex, stale technology.

I think that replacing the system would be the best long term approach. Unfortunately, I don't think that there will be much "payback" to the current owners for the $65K investment. It's a difficult position. Maybe Russound can offer some level of support -- if only to give a lead.

Even a home on this scale will be renovated by the new owner. Properly negotiated, I think that the selling price could be lowered (somewhat) as an accommodation for the limping system. The point being that the ultimate cost to the current and new owners will be lower if the system is replaced as part of the renovations. Plus, the new owners will have the system that they want, not something that "came with the house".

Hosting Services by ipHouse