The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Wednesday July 26, 2017 at 11:33
DumpsterDan
Long Time Member
August 2016
It's a TH-42PHD8 and I've figured out how to use the integral panel. Since there are no channel buttons (no tuner), the volume buttons have to do dual duty. The volume buttons navigate up and down until you select with the "INPUT" button. Then the volume buttons switch to side-side action.

Pressing "MENU" multiple times gets you to other pages.

Adjusting the picture size and position will still drive you nuts because of an annoyingly short time-out.

The universal remote is still a mystery. Pressing "MENU" a second time just turns off the menu so page 1 is still inaccessible. I guess I don't need it now anyway.

This set has been working just fine as a TV (with an Apex tuner. These things are the best, giving you up to 12 hours of schedule information.), but I wanted to do some AutoCAD work on it. Using the VGA input I discovered the top menu bar was out of view and the picture was pink. Connecting a different computer to the VGA input also resulted in a pink picture.

I now realize using a static picture from a computer application with a plasma monitor is not a good idea. The menu bars tend to get burned in. I didn't do it for that long so, thankfully, the moving TV images washed them away.

Thanks for replying!

Hosting Services by ipHouse