The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Friday July 21, 2017 at 18:21
slobob
Long Time Member
February 2004
Easy- we're BETA testing for them, and they're seeing how much Tech call volume it generates to see if its going DIY or worth while to add more resources to upgrade to a more complete solution. Don't forget, they just did a major overhaul of TC and I'm sure they're deciding on weather or not to open it up to limited distribution or not. They told me $30k in sales annually to go direct, and my market just won't support that. I could lie, get set up, then deal with renewals next year, but that's not how I roll. I gave MXH a go, I see the potential, but will be using pretty much ANYTHING ELSE for now. Keeping my eye on it though.... I believe it's sooo close to being a good product.

As to the direct thing, what pisses me off is that once they opened it up to distribution, and systems were installed, they've effectively cut us off from supporting or upgrading the current systems in place. And since MXH isn't truly scaleable, it's not a real substitution.
I get the issues with dealer support of the distribution channel, but all they really need to do is either offload the tech support to the partner distributors (making an increase in their operating expenses, thus making them more selective of who they setup) or make more selective training sessions. The ones I've gone to were populated with such a mix of integrators, Alarm guys, Electricians, designers and interior decorators, that just getting through the training day was arduous. Most have problems getting their computers to work and load the editors, let alone being able to follow along with the course and have meaningful discourse with the instructor.... Some basic aptitude needs to met.
Iv'e programed all URC product, RTI, Pronto, AMX, Lutron, Vantage and a host of others, but because I'm in a small market I can't get TC. I understand the support call volume issue, but the 4 times I called on TC, 1 was a booboo on my part when swapping out a loaner remote (since they wouldn't advance exchange for a DOA unit) in the software, and the other three were found glitches in their editor.

Rant off..

And I still really like their stuff and can see where the future is going with the cloud editors...

Hosting Services by ipHouse