The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday July 20, 2017 at 09:24
Namikis
Lurking Member
July 2017
After a long break using Harmony remotes (stopped using an older 5XX series remote 5 years ago) I bought a 650 to try to get back into liking them and reduce remote clutter. The software has changed - not sure for the better. I set up the Myharmony app and went to work on programming. In my setup I have two preamps that need to be switched to certain inputs on startup for things to work - an Emotiva XMC1 and a McCormack RLD-1. The simple task of turning the Emotiva on, then the McCormack, then set the McCormack to "video" followed by "theater bypass" has turned into a multi-day nightmare. I have inserted delays, played with device delays, etc. The most I have a achieved is getting both units to come on, but the MCCormack will not switch to video (a pre-requirement for switching to theater bypass). I CAN do it manually from the Harmony 650 after everything is on (which frustrates the crap out of me), no luck with the activity macro though. Any hints before I return this and write a scathing review in Amazon? Calling Harmony support resulted in long waits that no one ever answered (I have their hold music + messages memorized).

Also - what remote do you guys recommend I try next if this one is a no go?

Thanks!

Hosting Services by ipHouse