The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 23 made on Friday July 14, 2017 at 13:22
Fins
Elite Member
June 2007
On July 14, 2017 at 09:36, kwkshift said...
Can the video from these be pulled into a control system like Elan, Crestron, etc?

Short answer is no, and stay away from these, they suck.

Long answer, I came across a brand new set of 3 cameras and the Arlo bridge very cheap ($200). I put them at the river place, because running wire and power was not something I wanted to do. What I finally learned (none of this is clear on the Arlo site) is first, the bridge is required. The cameras are not wifi. They have their own RF system, similar to zwave. Second thing I learned, the cameras don't detect motion the same way typical cameras do. They have proximity sensors on them. So no motion, the whole thing shuts down except for the proximity sensor. When motion is detected, the camera kicks on and transmits to the bridge that is wired to the router. You can log in from the ap and turn on the cameras for live video. But it's slow to connect. Night vision is probably 10' at best. And the biggest problem is battery life. A friend that has these lives on about 10 acres and has no road or neighbor in camera range. His batteries have been running since January first and he has 80% left. I put mine in about 2 weeks ago, one camera sees section of a gravel road that has a few cars a day during the week and a lot on the weekend. Two cameras catch parts of the river and on weekend days it's full of kayaks and tubers. Then there are my kids running around the yard all day. My batteries are around 60% already.
Civil War reenactment is LARPing for people with no imagination.

Hosting Services by ipHouse