The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday July 10, 2017 at 17:35
gerard143
Advanced Member
May 2012
Currently client has internet only. Cat 5e ran from ONT to provided router. So the ONT only has the ethernet jack activated currently I assume as there is currently no coax connected to the ONT coax jack.

I plan to relocate router to the rack. So i ran new cat 6 from the ONT to the rack. I also wanted to use my own router. After researching this I see swapping routers isn't quite that easy as the boxes need MOCA to pull on demand and guide. But i'm reading conflicting and confusing info as to how to do this.

So how are you guys doing this when you use your own router? It looks like i'll either need to use this router (in bridge mode i assume) as a moca adapter along with my own router (how to avoid double nat??) or use a dedicated separate moca adapter.

I will be installing 3 cable boxes as well.
If i kept the original router as the MOCA adapter I can't just run ethernet only from the ONT into it then feed coax out of that, split it and run them directly to cable boxes can I? I figure I probably need to have coax out of the ONT itself, then use a 4 way splitter. One to moca, then coax to each cable box?

Hosting Services by ipHouse