The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Thursday July 6, 2017 at 13:33
Alan D.
Long Time Member
July 2003
The channel icons turned out pretty easy, once I found the right spot.

First, I did a PEP3 "Import Gallery >> Merge" to bring in the US Channel Icons from here: [Link: files.remotecentral.com]

After that, I navigated to the "%ProgramData%\Philips\ProntoEdit Professional 3\Gallery\Images\Channel Icon overlay" directory.

There is a "Icons overlay.png" file there. Copy it to a different directory of your choice, so that you don't accidentally overwrite it.

Do a "Google Image" search for your channel logo, doing something like this: "Animal Planet" logo png

That will bring up a ton of logo images. Find your favorite, and download it.

First, we'll create the "Pressed" channel icon:

1) You'll want to rescale the logo image down to fit a 94 (W) x 59 (H) resolution. In GIMP, do a "Image >> Scale Image ...". I usually select "Sinc" interpolation. If you put 94 in the "Width" field and the "Height" value changes to a value larger than 59, put 59 in the Height field (The Width field should now be less than 94).

2) "Image >> Flatten Image" to get a white background.

3) "File >> Export As ... >>" and name your file something like: Animal_Planet_P.png (The "_P.png" is important, and indicates the "pressed" image).

Now you'll create the "Released" channel icon:

1) Using your already open "Pressed" icon, do a "File >> Open as Layers ..."

Navigate to where you copied the "Icons overlay.png" image. This will merge the two images.

2) "File >> Export As ... >>" and name your file something like: Animal_Planet_R.png (The "_R.png" is important, and indicates the "released" image).

Almost done ...

Lastly, move (or copy) the two new channel icon images the US City folder of interest. For example, you could copy them to: "%ProgramData%\Philips\ProntoEdit Professional 3\Gallery\Channel Icons\TV Icons Denver"

Your new channel icons will appear the next time you open PEP3 (Note: You will need to close an open PEP3 program and restart before any new channel icons become visible).

Cheers!

Alan

Last edited by Alan D. on July 9, 2017 08:58.

Hosting Services by ipHouse