The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Monday June 26, 2017 at 21:15
RandyWalters
Long Time Member
December 2006
The MX-450 would be about their only option at the consumer level, even though technically it's the professional version of the R50 (which is long-discontinued). I have an R40 and love it for a few years, but eventually the screen dimmed to the point that i could no longer use it or program it. So I replaced it with an MX-450 and functionally it works great and is pretty much as configurable as the R40, but i don't like the ergonomics as much as i do on the R40. I have a NIB R40 stashed away but ended up not using it because of the screen dimming issue.

If you have the CCP program or know a URC dealer that is willing to give you the software with the remote, the MX-780 has the same housing and button layout as the R40, but the early ones also had the same OLED screen as the R40 and they all go dim after 2-4 years of use. Last year or so URC finally switched the MX-780 to an LCD screen which does not go dim over time.

I also have a few MX-780s and the screens grew dimmer and dimmer so i gave up on them, and upgraded to the MX-890 and i love it (much more than the others). The screen is bigger and it's LCD so no dimming. Very happy with mine.

Another option is their new MX-Home Pro discussed in this thread:
[Link: remotecentral.com]
Randy
URC MX-890, MX-780, MX-450, R40, MX-500, Sony XBR-55X900E, Panny TC-P55ST60, Tivo Roamio Pro & Premiere & OTA, TWC Arris DVR, Onkyo 333 AVR, Roku Express 4K, Panasonic Blu-Ray

Hosting Services by ipHouse