Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Sunday June 25, 2017 at 08:06
buzz
May 2003
I'm not aware of anything in your overall price range ($50), but you should look at Touch Control. While the App is well within your price range, you'll need to replace your MRF-350's and you may need to purchase iPad/iPhone(s).

You'll have tons more screen resolution and real estate. If you have some imagination and JavaScript skills, you can create advanced interactions that are not possible with the MX-3000. The only hard buttons supported are Volume UP and Volume Down, but they are just buttons as far as the program is concerned and each button can be assigned to any command, macro or function you like.

A system of your scale is not a problem. You would replace the MRF-350's with Global Caché units that are WiFi or wired and can be scattered about as needed. Need to sense when the garage door is open or send IR to a device that is difficult to wire back to a rack? -- no problem.

My programming style for any control system is to allow any remote to control any room. You can then use one remote per area or one remote per user. If the dog eats a remote, you can still control the whole system with one of the remaining remotes.

Hosting Services by ipHouse