The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Wednesday June 21, 2017 at 08:56
gerard143
Advanced Member
May 2012
Lol Trigger fingers not specifically caused from guns lol. They call it that because your finger binds up and get stuck in the position like it's ready to pull a trigger.

A condition in which a finger gets stuck in a bent position and then snaps straight.

A tendon usually glides easily through the tissue that covers it (called a sheath) because of a lubricating membrane surrounding the joint called the synovium. Sometimes a tendon may become inflamed and swollen. Prolonged irritation of the tendon sheath can produce scarring and thickening that impede the tendon's motion. When this happens, bending the finger or thumb can pull the inflamed tendon through a narrowed tendon sheath, making it snap or pop.

What Causes Trigger Finger?

Trigger finger can be caused by a repeated movement or forceful use of the finger or thumb. Rheumatoid arthritis, gout, and diabetes also can cause trigger finger. So can grasping something, such as a power tool, with a firm grip for a long time.

So comes from abusing my hands working on stuff all the time. It's worse in the morning first hour of my day sometimes my finger catches and gets stuck in the bent position and kind of binds and snaps open like it's notchy.

My recovery is going a lot better and faster than open carpal tunnel surgery I had last summer. The incision is maybe 5/8 of an inch wide just below my middle finger. I get the stitches out tomorrow and I think next week I might be able to start doing some light work with that hand. I am able to lightly brush my teeth with the hand now and bought my own pants. I wouldn't even dare to do something like open a Gatorade bottle yet with the hand.

With any luck it'll come around quick I have two big jobs I need to finish.

Hosting Services by ipHouse