Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Sunday June 18, 2017 at 15:34
Brad Humphrey
February 2004
lol, just a note: of all the formats you could have chosen, WMA is the one that has the least compatibility with anything.

Also note: as popular as FLAC is with a lot of highend devices and will also work on SONOS, it to is not universally compatible with everything. Meaning a lot of devices & services might not work with FLAC (including iOS devices - AppleTV, iTunes, etc.).

I would STRONGLY suggest you use the most popular lossless audio format: MPEG-4 Audio, also known as .m4a, also known as Apple lossless. Doing the research, you will find that format is universally compatible with most every device and service on the market. At least I haven't found a device yet that will not stream that.

Sound quality wise, I spent many hours years ago comparing WMA lossless, FLAC, .m4a, etc... and found I could hear no significant difference between the lossless formats and the original CD. And you should know I have picky ears. Only ever now & then would I 'think' I might have heard something different.

For conversion there are many programs available. Here are a few:
[Link: dbpoweramp.com]
[Link: skyshape.com]
http://www.any-audio-converter.com/

Last edited by Brad Humphrey on June 18, 2017 15:57.

Hosting Services by ipHouse