Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 49 made on Sunday June 18, 2017 at 09:00
Craig Aguiar-Winter
September 2002
On June 17, 2017 at 10:49, Ranger Home said...
Im one of the few that post every line item with manufacturer part numbers on my quotes. I encourage them to shop. Of course, most of the lines we carry are not that "shopable" online, so that helps a bit. I want the customer to see the deal as fair and balanced.

I explain and make VERY clear up front, I am NOT the cheapest in town as thats not my business model or goal. "We are not in a race to the bottom." The goal being to be the best and be there when needed. "If you are looking for the the cheapest, lets not waste each others time, if you looking for a provider that can do it, do it well, do it right and be there when issues arise, and they WILL, then lets continue". Its part of the qualifying process for us. If they are not in concurrence, well we know its not the type of client we are looking for. WAY to many other opportunities for the right "fit" out there. Its not all about profit, but partnerships we want.

We cut them lose early. Sometimes before even the first quote. After the quote, if there are indicators this will not fare well for ALL parties involved, we pass. We've even given them phone numbers of competitors. (which often leads to getting the customer in the future to fix what the wanks couldn't do right lol. They then realize what we were talking about and finally see the value). Good clients recognize value is not in the price of products, but in the relationship. We sell solutions that include relationships. We don't sell boxes. If they want boxes, go online or to Wal-mart. Selling boxes is not a variable in a successful CI business. Its a recipe for failure.

Bottom line, EVERY transaction needs to be a win/win. We have ZERO interest in any deal being one side - for them or for us. That does not bode well for future growth and referrals. We ALL win, or we walk away.

There is never a good feeling the next day after being a whore is there? The solution is simple: Don't be a whore and you wont feel like a whore. They either want us or they don't. If they don't, we certainly don't want them. Win/Win. PERIOD. Live with no shame. Believe in your pricing, stick to you pricing, earn the respect your pricing garners.

Everything you wrote there is so bang on. Our entire service is the product, and there for, when shopped on a specific part number, there's no comparison. Our "product" is so much more fully featured.

Craig
My wife says I can't do sarcasm. She says I just sound like an a$$hole.

Hosting Services by ipHouse