The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 40 made on Friday June 16, 2017 at 09:28
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On June 16, 2017 at 09:20, Craig Aguiar-Winter said...
If you don't present it, you'll never sell it!

Bingo.

Now a days I don't ask a person how much they want to spend. I qualify them. I educate them. I ask them what do they want the system to do? I design that system and tell them what it will cost. Either they go for it, or they don't.

But when there's a decorator in the mix, sometimes there's no direct access to the client. This always makes things difficult.

What never happens is that I'm in a situation where the system performs below the customers expectations and they are saying to me, "Well I wish we knew we could have that. We would have paid for it".

Yes! That's the same "bingo!" in different words.

Also. The world is a very small place. Never trash talk a client or another CI.

This is a good lesson to learn early, too! Sometimes I wonder about the trunk-slammers who act as though there's an infinite pool of customers. Those poor guys will never enjoy the pleasure of having a customer call up and say "I'm moving! Let's get together and work out what we're going to put in at the new place." A good relationship sure beats the heck out of cold sales!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse