Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 30 made on Thursday June 15, 2017 at 18:41
PSS
Select Member
December 2002
On May 6, 2017 at 17:47, imt said...
What I mean by Multichannel amp is a multi-zone amp like a Parasound 1250, Snap 45Wx12ch Amp, Audiocontrol Director series, where you can connect a Sonos Connect to the local input ( For single zone) or input Bus (typically A or B) for sharing across multiple zones/speakers. Dedicated Sonos Connect for each room/zone and all volume and grouping is handled in the Sonos App.

The DMS-1200 is a multi-Channel Matrix Amp. The inputs are converted to streams. All connections of input to Output(s) are in the TC software. If I didn't want to use TV for control of Sonos period or use the Sonos App, I would have to program TC, if possible, to set Input1 (Kitchen Connect) on the DMS to be set to Kitchen Speakers. Input2 (Dining room Connect) Set to Dining Room Speakers, etc. This wat the DMS-1200 is operating more like a Zone Amp. But... Not sure that can be done in a macro somehow so its always set this way no matter what. Thus, power failure etc would always keep the inputs set to particular speaker outputs. My brain in fuzzy today from all the coffee so not sure if I am making sense.

imt- did you ever figure out your situation above? I have a similar situation and would love to know........any info on it would be much appreciated

Hosting Services by ipHouse