The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Thursday June 15, 2017 at 10:45
SWOInstaller
Select Member
October 2010
On June 15, 2017 at 09:39, lippavisual said...
Just happened at my house this morning at 5am!! Woke up to the sirens and all three kiddies screaming/crying.

Our company doesn't do any fire/burg systems, so we let the electrician provide what was needed for the house to bring it up to code.

Even when you replace all the batteries in these things at the same time, you still get false alarms/trips for no reason.

I would rather a false alarm than not being able to get out of the house because the detectors weren't working properly. If you are getting false alarms I would remove the detector and take a can of compressed air to it and blow it out. Sometimes dust particles will get into them and clog them up causing them to go into alarm.

In the manual it will explain how to determine what detector initiated the alarm via the LEDs.

I would also check the install date as the detectors only last for 10 years. If there isn't a date on the detector then I would suggest replacing it to ensure that you have a new proper working detector.

The Kidde's are my biggest PITA and have not delved into finding replacements yet. Got any recommendations for replacements??

Kidde has new 10 year sealed lithium battery smoke and CO detectors now and all their detectors come with a 10 year warranty. No worry of having to replace batteries and when they start beeping it's time to replace the detector. We switched from BRK to Kidde as a company because of this and the fact that they have a 3 in 1 (smoke, CO, and a strobe light, required by code in Ontario, Canada).
You can't fix stupid

Hosting Services by ipHouse