The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Wednesday June 14, 2017 at 23:26
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On June 14, 2017 at 22:06, brucewayne said...
I can't remember who it was but. We were on a stressful job and the installers were complaining.

The project manager

He looked around and said " we get paid to do some of the coolest s$&@ in the world in some of the sickest house in world. Remember that

Some might, but the rest have to deal with uninformed customers whose "expert buddy" told them what they need, not to pay what is asked and to ask for the freaking moon after the quote comes in. They want the best, at a discount and they don't care whose nuts they step on to get it. Some clients buy a lot, want a lot and pay for it, but can be incredibly impulsive at times and that messes with the whole project. Some just don't know what they want and can't verbalize this, leaving us to read their minds. Then, there are the ones who think they can call and get us there at a moment's notice, especially when we're already busy. When it's slow, they say "No hurry". If we try to make them work with our schedule, we can lose business.

What the PM said doesn't pay the installer's bills or reduce their stress.

Fortunately for me, I also work on boats and that serves as a nice diversion from the BS.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse