The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday June 14, 2017 at 18:04
juliejacobson
CE Pro Magazine
April 2003
I also posted this on CE Pro linkedin group, but would love to hear from you guys as well. I know we'll get plenty silly answers, but I'd really like to hear some valuable advice that you received -- and either ignored (regretfully) or heeded (thankfully).

Thanks!

Best advice you ever got in this business?

Please share some pearls of wisdom that you are grateful to have received. Who gave you the advice? What did you do with the info? Why are you grateful? [Thanks for sharing]

I was inspired by this nugget from Walt Reardon of Gulf Coast Audio Video, Biloxi, MS, who was recently profiled by Portal (supplystream):

How do your customers find you?

Mostly word of mouth and from referrals dating back to the 90’s. We’ve done some TV commercials lately. I even tried to built a retail store, and the developer was my customer. He told me, “You came to my house, after I had spent tons of money, looked at my system, told me what I needed. I spent $50k at your recommendation and you fixed my system that previously I had never been able to use. I can give you a showroom, but it’s a kiss of death. You don’t want to have to support that, I’d rather you stay in business." And he was right!
"CEPro: your website sucks!" - Fins
www.cepro.com
[Link: twitter.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse