Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Monday June 12, 2017 at 21:31
FP Crazy
June 2003
On June 9, 2017 at 09:42, lippavisual said...
Um... maybe you do some research before you post? There are plenty of 4K HDR splitters available on the market and shipping now.

As for using the splitter, in my experience, it fixes every issue I've ever seen with any STB and HDMI. Even when things don't seem to point to a clock stretching issue.

Either way, splitters should be something that is on the truck at all times so when these issues pop up, you can use it to at least test.

Sorry your advice still is questionable. You suggest that most splitters are 4K compliant but when I had to get one for a 4K system a few months ago I was shocked how many hdmi D/As are not 4K capable...in fact Ethereal units were not, and Many others were not. Maybe that has changed since March but I'll bet that many hdmi splitters (I prefer to call them D/As) most carry on their trucks may not be 4K compliant. 4K DAs are not inexpensive, usually 3x+ the cost.

And it is even questionable that this is even a clock stretching issue. Your post suggests that put in a splitter and "done". Imperical statements like this, when dealing with 4K hdmi edid issues, should not be taken as imperical.

We contribute on this board so that all benefit. I try not to present my opinions as fact.
Chasing Ernie's post count, one useless post at a time.

Hosting Services by ipHouse