Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Monday June 12, 2017 at 10:13
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On June 11, 2017 at 20:32, Fins said...
The setting is a private family campground with 4 RV hookups. The D-Marc (phone, tv, electric meter, power distribution, etc) is located at the road edge of the property about the middle of the lot. Then the 4 RV hookups are parallel to the road, then center of the lot is a picnic shelter, cooking area. The lot is 1 ac, slightly longer than wide. About 250 x 150. Wifi access needs to cover all 4 RVs, and the picnic shelter. Wire can be run to any and all RVs, although it will be a pain. It would be harder to run anything to the center shelter. Currently, phone and TV are fiber service from local phone company. Each RV has a single cat feed for the cable box, and mounted at the D-Marc is a project box that houses the UPS to power the fiber termination from the phone company. Phone goes from the D-Marc to RV 2, and other RVs use cordless handsets.

What's the best way to get WiFi coverage on this situation? Price is an issue because the one footing the bill is used to staples prices, even though they can afford real product. And no, I'm not going trying to explain difference in quality and cost in this case. I need something that would keep the average person that can figure out how to connect their appleTV to the wif happy.

Here's a rough diagram of the lot if it helps

[IMG][/IMG]

Can you back the RVs away from the demarc and move the picnic area closer? That would make the distance from each RV to the demarc more equal and one AP might work for all of them.

Is is possible to install conduit between the demarc to the middle RV locations (is the cable on a post?) and from the middle to the outer ones?

I would have set this up as if it were a dock, using the same kind of post that provides shore power, CATV, Phone, Internet. These have a cover for all of the connections so rain won't be a problem and you could make something like it with a wooden post, a weather-resistant box and the correct fittings since budget is a concern.

Yeah, trenching is a PITA, but it's the best way to get what the RVs need, to each location.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse