The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11,060 made on Thursday June 8, 2017 at 17:40
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On June 8, 2017 at 15:46, Audiophiliac said...
Good for you (not in a sarcastic way at all....really....it is great that you are giving your hard earned $$ to a good cause)!

Maybe you can indulge my curiosity. I am not sure where this trend started, but, IMHO, it is out of control. This $630,000+ could be donated graciously to the Bennet Cancer Center without anyone taking a step, right? So who on earth thought it would be a good idea to get t-shirts printed, block off some streets, and walk around for a couple of hours while you are at it? It seems to me there could have been ~$650,000+ donated if the "dog and pony show" were non-existent.

My 2 cents? Some people do not feel that they are helping unless everyone sees them helping. Donating anonymously is not good enough. They have to have proof. A shirt. Selfies on Facebook of them walking with their shirt. Making it a topic of discussion at work, at the gym, at the coffee rip off shack.

Do not take this post the wrong way. I do not mean for this to belittle any contribution anyone is making to any good cause. Just an interesting social observation is all.

Gee, how could that EVER be taken the wrong way

This is the first year in the past 3 years I didn't post about this event before it took place urging people to donate should they choose to. Outside of a few people, the majority of people just looked past it without donating. So the "dog and pony show" regardless of whether it SHOULD be necessary, works, and raises over half a million dollars per year. Whatever it takes to raise money for a worthy cause. My family, and especially my wife's family has been ripped apart by cancer, so I am MORE than happy to put on a shirt and parade around town once a year if it helps make some money to help those that are currently suffering from cancer, have previously suffered from cancer, or will soon suffer from cancer.

Hosting Services by ipHouse