Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Monday June 5, 2017 at 03:40
buzz
May 2003
I haven't tried using Ubiquiti access points with Pronto. You'll need to make sure that B/G compatibility is enabled and you may need to dumb down the encryption.

You may make out better if you dedicate one of the access points to the Pronto on a private subnet. This way you can use security that works with Pronto without compromising your overall security or slowing things down to accommodate the B/G compatibility.

In one installation I am using Ubiquiti, but I kept an old Linksys for the Pronto.

Dedicating an access point is OK if the Pronto is limited to one room. But it seems silly to have two parallel networks just to accommodate multiple Pronto's over a large area.

I'm not sure exactly which model access point is included in this 3-pack. I usually use the AC PRO model, but this is more expensive. I would expect that the AC PRO is more potent, but it is so easy to manage multiple access points that you are often better off with an access point in every room. A local, not so potent access point, is often more effective than a potent access point a few rooms distant.

If you have the wiring to support it, the UAP–AC–IW is an interesting approach. While these are not as potent as the AC PRO, you'll have a local access point in each room.

The dish shaped units work best when ceiling mounted because their radiation pattern is a hemisphere.

Hosting Services by ipHouse