The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday June 4, 2017 at 11:29
gerard143
Advanced Member
May 2012
Got a client who wants to do an outside sunbrite tv. It will not be covered by any overhang or roof. Just one a post in the yard.

Going to get an electrician involved but I'm curious what the nec code is on this and opinions on how others would do this.

some details:

Sunbrite makes a post mount [Link: sunbritetv.com] that I will probably use. It has a 1" hole centered in the bottom plate to fish wiring thru it. I figure pour a cement pad with 1" conduit coming up in the center and bolt the post to the pad. Straightforward enough. However....

It would be nice to run power and category cable from the same conduit thru it for a clean install. Which only 1-1" hole I can't run two conduits. Idk of code allows for low voltage and line voltage in same conduit. My guess is no which makes the whole rest of this post a moot point lol. But I'll continue on. I also wonder if nec conduit size requirements would need to be bigger then the 1" hole in the post to stay within maximum conduit fill constraints.

The second part of running the two wires alongside eachother.... If I use shielded cable would I'd have a reliable video signal with the cat 6 running along side power all the way back to the basement for say a 35' run.

My last question involves actually connecting the tv's cord to power. If i fed both wires up thru the post for a clean install not really sure how to breakout a single gauge outlet. There is no cutout in the post for a single gang outlet. I'd rather not install a seperate post just for waterproof outlet. This defeats the whole clean install and being able to fish wires up the tv post.

So does code allow me to run flexible stranded power wire and run it underground thru the conduit then terminate ends? This would be mint. Could fed the one end inside the waterproof access door on the tv and plug in the tv cord there. The other end right to a gfci outlet in the basement.

Something like this.
[Link: southwire.com] I assume even in conduit I'd need a direct burial rating?

Last question.... what about fiber and line voltage in same conduit?

Thanks!

Last edited by gerard143 on June 4, 2017 11:40.

Hosting Services by ipHouse