Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Friday June 2, 2017 at 01:06
FreddyFreeloader
April 2004
On June 2, 2017 at 00:49, Brad Humphrey said...
I am more than a little concerned about your method. Especially with DirecTV, the dish alignment on the Ka birds needs to be extremely precise. Using the very course and slow to update meters built into the receiver, is like trying to cut the steak on your plate with a hatchet. It can be done but the end result isn't always pretty.

I have seen many people complain about loosing signal with the slightest rain, when the dish was not peaked out as well as it could be.

Been doing it that way for a long time. It does just as good a job and I would put money on my on screen percentage reading anytime against a meter.

You're right people do justly complain about bad signal and that's what gives satellite a bad name but there are other equally critical factors other than alignment, the biggest one being the mounting surface when it's a roof. I guarantee you 8 times out of 10 the mast-foot is not centered on a roof joist, if it is the center lags are also not centered on the joist. .Guess what over time it's going to fall slightly out of line. That's IF the plywood is new and not rotten, not to mention the lags are all in 1/2-5/8"plywood and completely stripped out. Next most important factor is how meticulously plum the mast is.

Trust me it's not my method you have to be worried about it's the seemingly common sense stuff that I see causing problems just IMO.

Last edited by FreddyFreeloader on June 2, 2017 01:18.

Hosting Services by ipHouse