The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 28 made on Thursday June 1, 2017 at 21:41
andrewinboulder
Select Member
August 2003
On May 8, 2017 at 09:55, 3PedalMINI said...
My disty gave me a heos link to try for a few months. The first one he gave me was aweful, kept kicking up, required constant reboots and didn't integrate quite right. He then gave me a version two and all those issues went away. Integration with C4 is almost identical to how Sonos used to be. I integrated it with my Alexa and was able to turn music on (via Bluetooth) when I was in the other room, my fiancée loved that feature actually!

Overall if you are going todo heos and integrate it with C4 or other platforms I think it's a viable option as long as your clients don't use Spotify (which most of mine do)

However, as a standalone system the app is horrendous, the setup is goofy and took me 2-3 tries on each of the links I had to get it to take my information. Again my statement still stands that after almost 15-20 years that Sonos has been in business we still do not have a viable alternative option that gives us source options and an app that is seriously one of the best apps....

I find it a real benefit as well that you don't have to get involved with the customers wireless network if you don't want to. For one-off Sonos only systems it's a real benefit. Throw a boost in and set up the players and it's done. If there's a dead spot add another boost. Managing it this way just side steps so much of the wifi crap that can crop up later. Especially when you get the call from the average customer that goes and gets a new Gateway from Comcast. No service call needed as it's solved just with a reboot.

I'm assuming this is not the case with Heos?

I do wish the soundbar sounded better, especially with music. The simplicity of the soundbar is great as well. It makes a stand alone soundbar so easy for the customer.

Speaking of which, for a one room system with no control, can you set up a Heos soundbar to automatically come on with the TV audio without having to worry about power control and input selection?

Hosting Services by ipHouse