Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Wednesday May 31, 2017 at 18:35
Brad Humphrey
February 2004
I have been doing sat installs since 1996, including every type and kind out there.
I currently have a Birdog Ultra, so I can do most any type dish out there.

When it comes to DirecTV, I install the dish and all supporting hardware. When the DirecTV guy shows up, all he has to do is plug in the boxes (locally to each TV) and activate. Afterwards I move/install the boxes where they need to go.
I get the new dish, LNB, and hardware back from the installer to use for the next customer.

Sometimes the DirecTV installer tries to play slick and refuses to give me the parts back.
Saying either: "I don't have that on my truck". Me: "Then how were you going to do the install without **** (insert dish, LNB, etc...)"
Or: "I don't have to give you anything". To which I say "that's fine, but I'm charging the customer for the parts you didn't supply and I've already talked to the customer about who to call and complain about you not providing the required equipment."

And yes, I charge to do the install. If customer wants DirecTV to do everything for free, then they can take the chance and pay me afterwards to fix everything. And deal with whatever they might have screwed up (or not done to their preference). Which sometimes can end up costing more than what it would have been for me to do to begin with.

Moving forward:
Now that AT&T's influence is really starting to kick in on procedures and tactics, not sure how future installs will be handled.

Hosting Services by ipHouse