Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 45 made on Sunday May 28, 2017 at 16:35
Ranger Home
June 2007
On May 28, 2017 at 14:09, BradKas said...
Hey Tucker - curious, does that level of organization work well for you on a day to day basis?

The OCD part of the my loves it, but the side of me that understands we are bringing in our bags of tools, drills, chargers, etc every day on every job wonders if it makes any sense in practice. Something to get used to I guess?

A lot of our systems over the last few years have been implemented to mitigate trips to the van throughout the day.

You see in the first pic, on the drivers side of van, there are six large bins. Those slide out (well, just pull out, not on an actual ball barring glider) but also have carry handles on them. I use one explicitly for a "tote". I gather what I need, and put it all in that tote. While the slide out compartment boxes are portable, I NEVER take those inside, i pull what i need from the compartment and put it in the tote. Works VERY well for me. Regardless, no matter how organized, i make trips to the van to get what I "forgot" lol. but in the end, this set up has been HUGE time saver. I also pushes me to KEEP it organized! My Ecoline van, that i had to get on knees to access, was never really organized or kept tidy.

I did learn however I should not have skimped in the beginning and have sinse gone back and added pull out slide to EVERY box including boxes that only have a power tool in them. I find it easier to just grap the tool and not the box. I like that bettter. Before, I hate to pull the box out of the slot set it on the floor or a drawer, open it, pull out the saw, meter, whatever then carry the tool in. Now, i pull the slider out, open the lid, grap the tool and carry on. I'll get some more pics someday.

Hosting Services by ipHouse