The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 37 made on Saturday May 27, 2017 at 08:16
audiox99
Long Time Member
April 2007
We currently have 3 full size transits, 2 of them with quigley 4x4 conversions and the ecoboost engines and 1 rear wheel drive transit with the diesel. We also have an express box van and awd 1500 express. We have had promasters, transit connects, astros, and had an f450 with a utility box for awhile. Our search for the best install vehicle went on for years.

My favorite is the ford transit t250 like Pauls. The handling is great, awesome power and mileage is good (if you get the diesel with 3.31 rear end its really good). My only complaint is I wish they had the blind spot detection.

My least favorite would be the promaster or older transit connect. The connect had barely enough power to climb a hill and did not like ladder racks at all. The promaster is not have tilt steering and had the squeekest brakes of any vehicle we have owned. Both promaster and connect were front wheel drive and were getting stuck all the time.

If i were looking for a smaller van I would consider the 130 inch wheel base full size transit over the city of nv stuff. We considered one for service work but decided to stay with the bigger vans. Hope this helps.

Hosting Services by ipHouse