The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday May 23, 2017 at 18:59
Grasshopper
Long Time Member
May 2016
Is this a unicorn? After a cursory search I can't find one (including on the ruckus website) so I thought I'd ask if anyone knows of such a thing and how well it works. If such a creature does not exist, do you know of any WiFi range extenders that will work with a Ruckus system?

I'm asking because at the project I'm on now, there is the real possibility that we won't be able to get cat5e to two stacks of units. Not without a lot of tearing up drywall, and maybe not at all with the conduits that are in place between the units and the IDF. We've stepped it off a number of times, and the closer stack is about 220 feet away. The one next to it is around 250 feet away. Conduit is 3/4" smurf that already has 4 coax in it. We would only get a steel fish tape with a flex tip on it to go about 90 feet. We'll have a brand new 1/4" duct rodder tomorrow that is obviously much more rigid, but I'm still not quite sure that will work. I think it's maybe a 50/50 chance to be honest, given the distance and limited space to work in.

Oh yeah, the access points we're using are R310's, if that matters or makes a difference. The system isn't up yet, so we can't test the signal strength coming from the neighboring units at the moment. In the event that we can't get wires there and there isn't a range extender solution...well, I'm sure those access points are more powerful than the Ubiquiti ones that are staggered throughout the building (don't recall the model number, but they're rectangular and thin, about 8 inches long, with antennae). I hope so at least.

Thanks for any input!!!

J
Everyone should learn something new every day.

Hosting Services by ipHouse