The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Tuesday May 16, 2017 at 10:09
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On May 16, 2017 at 09:41, Mac Burks (39) said...
If you are running a business in the United States of America you really have no excuse when it comes to having Spanish speaking employees.

I always get a kick out of people who say "This is America, speak English". LOL 2/5ths of North "Americans" do not speak English as their primary language. Roughly half if you include South America.

It's not as bad as saying "This is America- speak American!".

English is the language of the people we terrorized and ultimately went to war with because we didn't want to pay taxes. Why are the ancestors of terrorists so keen on forcing everyone to speak the English language?

Read a freaking history book. It's not that they didn't want to pay taxes, the colonies were being totally screwed in trade dealings with England and forced to pay for military actions by GB that occurred in Europe.

Europeans speak several languages because of proximity and relatively free passage from country to country- far more languages are spoken in a much smaller area. European countries have official languages-

Albania- Official language: Albanian
Denmark- Official language: Danish
Germany- Official language and national language: German
Italy- Official language and national language: Italian
Kenya- Official languages: Swahili, English
Nigeria- Official Language- English
Sweden- Official language: Swedish

How many languages should we speak here? Who should pay for publishing government documents and public signage in all of those languages?

How many languages do you speak? Do you want to be forced to speak another?

Since you brought it up, why do 2/5 of Americans and most of South Americans speak Spanish? IT'S BECAUSE THE SPANISH WENT THERE AND CONQUERED THE GOVERNMENTS!!

If Spain and everyone else had stayed home, Mexicans and South Americans wouldn't speak Spanish. Also, try to remember Spain was on a slash and burn campaign for a long time before the first English colonists came here. The Dutch and French grabbed a big chunk, too.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse