Pass:

Original thread:
Post 24 made on Wednesday May 10, 2017 at 08:43
Hasbeen
Loyal Member
November 2007
On May 10, 2017 at 08:02, BobL said...
Comments:

Website is average and has the common look of so many websites today, it looks pretty and professional but gives very little detail. I personally don't like it but it is the 'In look' at the moment and I get it.

I like that it is targeting average homes for people that don't know how to set any of this stuff up. Many of us target higher end homes and the average person doesn't know where to go for services like ours, so they use Best Buy or similar.

I am curious how the money and scheduling works for the installers? Probably better answered at IP. I just see a lot of variables here where it might not be profitable for an installer to do many of these jobs particularly the products that involve wiring inside walls. For a set price structure you need to make VERY good money on the easy jobs to account for the ones that will take more time. Also, curious how the scheduling works with installers.

Some items need to be very clear and highlighted in the description like electrical needs and not just listed below. I think many customers will need to be aware they need an electrician up front and the price does not include that.

You need a FAQ page to cover many different situations. Some questions off the top of my head that need to be answered in the FAQ.

I already have a mount or cables can I use them and save money? .

TV over fireplace or other difficult location to wire?

Difficult wiring situations?

Repeat electrical and explain needs for TV and Sonos if used as surrounds and any other products that it would be required.

Customer supplied equipment?

Other accessories that might be needed?

Probably a lot more that I can think of off the top of my head but you want to set your guidelines up front to eliminate someone scheduling a service and the installers get there and say it isn't possible or it is going to cost extra.

I wish you the best of luck in this endeavor.

Thanks BobL. ,

Yes, this is still a work in progress and will continue to grow, but you make some good points...On the back end, once a visitor makes a purchase, they'll actually get a call from remotes-plus.com and go over the details of alot of those situations...We had a lot of that stuff in there, and I ended up removing it because I felt like it would possibly confuse and bog down the transaction, so in the end, we decided we'd cover some of the details with a personal touch..

We're working on a FAQ page as we speak, but we wanted to get the site launched, up and operational, and work the bugs out.

Other accessories-  as you go through the purchasing/scheduling on many of the products, a list of EXTRAS is available for you to choose from.

Hosting Services by ipHouse