Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Sunday May 7, 2017 at 02:34
Total Control Remotes
July 2006
Thanks for the input. While I agree with Golden's statement about what a control should do on an outage followed by reconnect, that doesn't mean it disqualifies the network as the culprit. I remember having a client who had a Luxul switch in his rack, and whenever he lost power, the switch would disconnect everything on it from the network. It would have to be power cycled in order to get it to work. I removed the luxul switch and replaced it with something better, and that problem never happened again.

At my home where I do most of my testing I am using a MikroTIk router with Ruckus WAPS, Ruckus ZD and Pakedge switches. Using an MXHomePro connected to wireless, I disconnected my WAPS 6 separate times and each and every time the MXHomePro connected back without issue. I also cut connection to my router and ZD in different orders to make sure it tested most scenarios.

A product that doesn't survive a network outage at a high percentage rate of failure will last a day on the market. I do not believe the MXHomePro is one of them.

Hosting Services by ipHouse