Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Friday May 5, 2017 at 13:54
tomciara
Loyal Member
May 2002
On May 4, 2017 at 13:46, imt said...
I believe that this will be addressed. for the DMS, with next TC version.

Since I just started pretty much with TC, I haven't had a chance to see URC's GUI for Sonos and how it compares to the Sonos app feature wise, ease of use, etc.

I have gone back and forth with possibly incorporating a DMS-1200 on a project with Sonos. I was going to keep Sonos separate and thought maybe I could program TC to treat the DMS-1200 like a multi-channel amp vs. non-matrix by setting fixed volume and assigning each connect input/stream to an individual room. Thus, just controlling from the Sonos app only. Then hiding any reference to DMS in the URC mobile app/remotes. But... starting to wonder if there are holes in that logic like, if there was a power failure would it all be messed up or something else that could mess up playback, since the DMS is really a matrix. Any thoughts on this?

You are comparing something that is largely issue free with a "how do you think this will work?" option.

I believe the most important product we sell is reliability. I don't want to be speed dialed every week for recurring problem. If you do this, it may work, but be sure the client is within 20 minutes of your shop!
There is no truth anymore. Only assertions. The internet world has no interest in truth, only vindication for preconceived assumptions.

Hosting Services by ipHouse