Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday April 24, 2017 at 19:57
ac3boy
Long Time Member
November 2003
Hi,

I have my Elite successfully controlling the Shield from the actual Elite remote itself via BT control and is working great. When I try to use via Harmony app on a Samsung tablet/Android phone or Alexa red skill app for pause/play etc. It is using IR off the hub and not BT connection. I have confirmed this with camera phone that can see IR and it is IR via software apps/alexa but BT with actual remote. Any ideas? Always IR unless I use the physical remote actual remote.
Also, the blue skill app works fine on Alexa for enabling Shield activity and turning on shield via home button command via BT.

So here is the strange part. It works via BT if I am using the shield device directly on the harmony app but uses IR on the shield activity. It uses BT on physical remote on device and activity. I really want this to work for voice control for Alexa mainly since I replaced my xBox with the shield want play/pause voice control. Alexa works fine to control my directv genie.

Thanks in advance for any help.

TL:DR Via device mode I can control shield from android Apps via BT but not in activities or Alexa, it uses IR on the latter. FYI, this shield does not have an IR receiver.

Hosting Services by ipHouse