The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 37 made on Sunday April 23, 2017 at 20:15
roddymcg
Loyal Member
September 2003
On April 23, 2017 at 17:46, Mac Burks (39) said...
If it were just me the thermostat would stay at 68 all year. Even in the winter i rarely wear an actual coat. I have a carhartt zipup hoodie that i wear with a pocket-T under. Thats all i need 99% of the time. Since it's not just me...and since my girlfriend wants the thermostat set to 75..it's nice to be able to easily adjust the temperature.

For most people HVAC automation probably isn't that important. Good thermostats can handle scheduling and are easy to access so its not like you cant change the temp yourself.

For some people it is important though. I have clients with multi-zoned homes that adjust the temp in every room they walk into during the day. And lets not forget why we automate & integrate. Your thermostat can sense room temperature. That information can be used by the automation controller to trigger other events.

We automate HVAC in nearly every new construction install. Most retro work already has automated HVAC and this is part of our upgrade. We are in a resort location with primarily part time residents in an extreme weather location. Home and away settings are important as is remote access to bring up the temps a couple days before arrival.

The guys just added 16 Nests to a home a couple months ago, it is what an integrator is capable of doing these days. Or they can watch the competition walk away with new clientele.
When good enough is not good enough.

Hosting Services by ipHouse