The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Friday April 21, 2017 at 15:21
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On April 21, 2017 at 14:05, buzz said...
This makes me wonder if one or both ends of the connection think that they are dealing with Composite video.

Well, that's an interesting thought. The TV jacks for component have a yellow ring around the green jack. That jack is to be used for plain old NTSC video or for the green of a component signal.

That leaves me to think about the signal source: The satellite receiver uses a breakout cable with G, B, R, and analog audio. It's possible that the receiver was set to 480i and not outputting component... there's a detail missed in the hurry of trying to figure things out before the dinner crowd started showing up.

Thanks for the thought.

If this is "walking" up the screen, it suggests some sort of gross ground loop or power supply issue.

C'mon, buzz, to you and to me and most people here* that's pretty blatant. It's due to 60Hz noise and the color sync frequencies being slightly different. There's none of that in this situation.

*but not all
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse