The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Thursday April 20, 2017 at 16:05
KeithDBrown
Long Time Member
December 2013
This is a great reason why you should do shades yourself. It is easy, it is profitable, it will introduce you to a whole new type of client, and it is extremely profitable (can't remember if I already said that last part.)

We typically wire Lutron QS jobs with "Lutron/Cresnet" wire, and all other jobs with 16/4. 16/4 allows us longer distances, compatibility with dual roller systems and redundancy as we have had instances in which one wire from a 16/2 was damaged after sheetrock.

I cannot tell you the number of times we have been brought in by a designer late in the process to find that the job had been wired terribly. Often it results in using battery shades when we want a 3.5" pocket, not getting to use dual rollers, etc.

The last job this happened on the original AV company and electrician decided that one hot run to each wall would be sufficient. Not each shade, each wall. Some of the walls had 500+ sqft of glass across 4-5 window openings.

Having an option that you can sell and install means you can wire for what you know. You can choose the location, the wire, the head end, etc. You can guarantee a great result, expertly installed by managing it beginning to end.

For Ernie - I have yet to run across a motorized option that can't be driven from either end, you just have to know the wire location at the time of order, typically about 6-8 weeks prior to install. Well after the pre-wire would have been completed. We have standardized on left drive unless construction dictates otherwise.

Hosting Services by ipHouse