The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Thursday April 20, 2017 at 11:14
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On April 20, 2017 at 08:46, thecapnredfish said...
I do like like poking fun at ads.

I do too too.

If that ad is exactly as described, well, ewww, followed by keep me away from that company's products!

On the other hand, you won't have a healthy immune system if it's not regularly challenged in small ways.

How's this for an OT article, about something totally gross that actually works: [Link: smithsonianmag.com]; nasty medieval treatment actually kills MRSA bacteria!
Take cropleek and garlic, of both equal quantities, pound them well together… take wine and bullocks gall, mix with the leek… let it stand nine days in the brass vessel…

Suddenly "pease porridge" comes to mind:
pease porridge in the pot, nine days old

!

Someone mentioned restaurants. I've worked in a lot of restaurants over the last few years, and I've learned, for instance, to walk in such a way that there's never any horizontal force to my steps. That just makes me slide on the grease and it can result in a nasty fall.

All in all, after working in restaurants, I have no idea why anybody would EVER eat in a restaurant. The thing is, I do, all the time!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse