The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Friday April 14, 2017 at 17:59
Andre3000
Lurking Member
April 2017
Ernie, OK, OK, I'm not trying to be unresponsive I was just needing some time to try these things and get back to you guys that are so considerate with your time and expertise. I really like what Buzz laid out for steps to consider. I am going to the job right now to make these adjustments to see what happens. I will get back to you when I know more. Seriously thanks for all the input I do appreciate it. If there was any confusion as to me switching inputs on the TV I am not but I like your advice of using the power off micro to switch the TV input back to the one being used so that if it is inadvertently changed it can be made right on power down. The reason I put it into the power up macro is to make sure it is right upon power up but maybe that is not the right type of thinking. I will admit that I have spent too many hours trying to make systems work with any type of universal remotes. I have probably installed 5 of them thus far, all the others were URC MX780 and URC MX890 remotes of which worked well but there is a learning curve and if you don't do it all the time you end up starting at the bottom of the curve again. I really want to figure out the best product to use. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to use? Do I stick with URC or ..? I tried the Harmony elite 'cause I figured it would be quick and easy to install but it is not proving to be just that. Thanks!
Andy

Hosting Services by ipHouse