Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Friday April 14, 2017 at 15:38
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Andre,
you have not cooperated with us by telling us more about how the system is wired, which would tell us whether you are changing the TV's input. As others have said, with this equipment the video switching should be done on the AVR and the TV should always be on one input.

Please go back through the responses and answer each obvious question and each implied question (that is, something that starts with "if"). This will put us in a better position to help you.

Remember, you're asking experts for free help. The least you could do is cooperate by clarifying every issue we bring u.

Before I saw buzz's response I thought I was
On April 14, 2017 at 12:37, Andre3000 said...
When building a macro for an activity I always send the commands to set HDMI input on the TV (in case someone has changed it),*

GREAT! But why make the user wait for this input to be set on power up? Any delay between ON and INPUT of the TV is eliminated if you set the TV to the proper input on shutdown.

in this case the TV is set to HDMI 1, then depending activity (watch TV, watch BluRay, etc..) I change the input on the AVR.

*Okay, excuse me, you DID state that the AVR is changing inputs.

The problem that I think I am having is an HDMI handshake issue as these Macro commands work fine until the system sits unused for a day or two then you select a macro and you get a screen on the TV that says NO HDMI source signal. That is the problem I think I am having.

This solution attacks the assumptions you've just made: put twenty seconds in between all commands. After two days of non-use, see if it all works. Then make one delay 2 seconds, and try the system two days later.

Also be sure the macro works right away, before waiting the two days. It'd be a bummer to make a mistake in the macro and not find it out for several days!

buzz is totally right in saying we have to fool with macros. See, it might take five seconds for the AVR to receive a command, but let's say it takes the TV only three seconds: we turn on the AVR, turn on the TV, wait three seconds, send a TV command, wait two seconds, send the AVR command. That is, command delays are nested within commands for other devices.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse