Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Thursday April 13, 2017 at 21:16
chris-L5S
August 2008
On April 13, 2017 at 20:55, Fins said...

Let me give more explanation for what I thought these may work for. One scenario, we have a builder that has a weekend house on a lake in TN. Because it's a weekend place, he doesn't want to subscribe to internet, he uses a Verizon hotspot. The lake is a flood control lake, which means in the winter they let the water down to prepare for the spring rains. So his boat dock has to float, and he has to let it out further when the water goes down. He has asked before for a way to check the lake level without driving 3 hours to see if he needs to let the dock out.

Another scenario, my family has a place on the New River. We can't put a permenant structure on it, so it has RV spots. I've tried to figure out how to add a few cameras, mainly to watch for flooding, without having to trench cat6 and power around the yard.

I have a few customers that have lake houses and I installed alarm systems with Alarm.com and added Image Sensor cameras. Its not video, but they can request a picture or even have them scheduled and sent via text or email. There is a monthly fee, but they are getting a picture and a security system. then you can sell them a thermostat, lock, and lamp modules, etc.

Hosting Services by ipHouse