Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Thursday April 13, 2017 at 20:29
Brad Humphrey
February 2004
I haven't used one yet but reading thru all the specs and the design, it's easy to see:
It's a glorified webcam and nothing more.

1st) It's only 720p. I don't get out of bed unless a camera is at least 2MP minimum these days.
2nd) 130° viewing angle. My god! Talk about fish bowl vision. Funnier still, there is not a single capture from the camera, on their website that shows a 130° view. So marketing lies either in the pictures shown or the view claim.
3rd) It's wireless 2.4GHz only. Yeah, what could go wrong. Huge mistake to trust something that just HAS to work, on a band that is easily interfered with. Let's not even talk about the built-in range problem.
4th) 1 year warranty, 90 day tech support.  lol
5th) Most every manufacture exaggerates the IR range of their cameras. They say 25ft. :)

I'm not impressed. I bet they look REAL horrible at night. But that won't stop your friends from claiming how great they are. Ignorance is not bliss.
You should do a screen shot from one of your systems at night. Then have them show you one from theirs. I bet you never hear about those cams again :)

Hosting Services by ipHouse