The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Friday April 7, 2017 at 13:01
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On April 7, 2017 at 12:47, CI256 said...
Smarter how? The only reason Android does so well worldwide is price. Price is the number one factor for many buyers in developing countries. When price is removed from the equation Apple beats everyone. The iPhone outsells all of the Android phones that are priced comparatively to it.

The fact is Android is not as secure and does not provide a consistent user experience. The fact that most Android devices do not receive timely security updates is a huge problem. This problem is amplified by the number of cheap devices that various manufacturers pump out and never update leaving the users vulnerable to attack. That iOS is less customizable is only a complaint you will hear from geeks. The customization options in Android are actually a problem for most people. There are so many options that people get overwhelmed and confused and the lack of consistency leads to frustration. This is what I have observed watching normal people use Android phones.

Normal people want a phone that just works. They don't want to fiddle around with things and tweak this and that. They just want to be able to take good photos and use their favorite apps. I was an Android user for years and I was totally anti Apple. I wanted to tweak every last bit of the OS and the UI and have everything exactly where I wanted it. I have come around completely since buying an iPhone 6. You can call me an Apple fanboy but iOS is simply a better experience in just about every respect and the more I hear about the security advantages of iOS and the deficiencies of Android the more I like my iPhone.

Samsung adds a whole other dimension of terrible. I am not surprised that the research shows glaring flaws. Samsung software is terrible. Their implantation of Android is terrible. I had two Samsung phones in the past and they were definitely the most buggy Android phones I ever owned. I had to install custom ROMS just to make them someone more palatable. My dad ignored my advice to buy an iPhone and bought a Galaxy S6. He HATES it. It is buggy as hell. It reboots itself. The interface is kludgy. The icons move themselves around. It is laggy as hell. The thing is just a buggy mess.

I only know one person that is a hardcore Android guy and he is a geek. He has a Pixel and likes it but he even admits that my iPhone 7 Plus is more refined and operates smoother without the need to be regularly rebooted.

Complete opposite of you. I was with Apple for a number of years, went to Android and at first it was buggy but updates fixed that. That was a Samsung phone. Upgraded to a Note7 when I cracked the screen on my old phone and loved the Note. Best phone I ever had. Well we know what happened there. I replaced it with an iPhone7 and it was buggy as hell. Kept locking up. Touch screen kept locking up. One day the phone froze and would. It shut off even with a hard reset attempt of holding the power and home button for 30 seconds. It just was completely frozen. The phone felt cheap, had flex in it actually. Icons looked bleh, it performed slower than the Note. I ended up with a Galaxy S7 Edge which I am mostly happy with. If I didn't have the Note first I would love this phone, but believe the Note was superior to the S7 in every way.

Hosting Services by ipHouse