Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Thursday April 6, 2017 at 16:52
gwstudios
June 2004
I have been building full Smart Graphic templates over the past few weeks based on my Aleera templates, which are available for RTI, Leviton / Bitwise and ProControl.

All of those templates use standard PNG images in specific resolutions, whereas the Crestron versions take advantage of fully scalable 9-Slice images with icon overlays.

You can stretch and resize any button while keeping the corner radii the same, and you can also swap out or remove any icon on any button using a drop down list, or simply importing them from external folders.

Creating my own full theme and building all of the pages is a huge undertaking, but it is coming along nicely. Nobody currently has a full set of templates with all of the pages pre-made and a complete set of matching icons.

There are a couple of themes available, but you still have to build it all yourself for most of the panel resolutions.

All I have right now is a teaser screenshot of an iPad page on my website: [Link: blackmancustoms.com]

I am choosing the most popular Crestron touch panels (along with iPad and iPhone) for now, and I can add others in to the package as time goes on as a free update.

Learning how to create an compile my own themes in Studio with no instruction was probably the hardest thing (graphically) I have ever done. A short 14 hours of trial and error later, and I had my first scalable 2 state button in VtPro-e. After that, it became much easier as I understood all of the steps and group assignments needed to do basically anything.

It started to flow much faster, so I could build my entire library, one button and image at a time.

Hosting Services by ipHouse